“Mayhem” Miller vs. Tim Kennedy III no longer happening at “Strikeforce: Ohio”

By Dann Stupp

A potential third meeting between middleweights Tim Kennedy (12-3 MMA, 3-1 SF) and Jason “Mayhem” Miller (24-7 MMA, 1-1 SF) no longer will be part of Strikeforce‘s March event in Columbus, Ohio.  However, sources close to the fighters since have told MMAjunkie.com the bout has been scratched, and a Strikeforce official confirmed the scrapped plans over the weekend.

No reason was given for the change, though spokesperson Mike Afromowitz said the matchup never had been signed in the first place.

The March 5 event, tentatively dubbed “Strikeforce: Columbus,” takes place at Nationwide Arena as part of Strikeforce’s Ohio debut. The night’s main card, including a headliner between light-heavyweight champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante and notable Dan Henderson, airs on Showtime.

Continue Reading…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: